Auto accident victims, those who have sustained personal injuries as a result of the negligence of another, and the public at large have many misconceptions about the accident claims process in general as well as the civil jury system. The following are some of the most common myths regarding injury claims:
• If you communicate with the insurance company and make a reasonable demand, you
will get a fair and reasonable settlement offer.
• After you have been involved in an accident and the insurance company contacts you to
request a recorded statement, you are obligated to give them a statement or they are not going to settle your claim.
• All Attorneys who advertise that they can help you with your accident cases have the
same experience, knowledge, and resources to handle your case.
• The insurance company for the party that injured you will pay your medical bills as you incur them.
• All Attorneys charge the same fees in all injury cases.
• The tort liability system is like the lottery that will help you get rich.
• When someone is involved in an accident, which wasn’t his or her fault, there must be some insurance company that will pay for his or her property damage, medical bills, lost wages, and injuries.
• California Juries are generous
• There is a standard formula to figure out what your case is worth.
Dispelling these myths by obtaining information from someone who has experience with the process is key to obtaining fair compensation. If you, or someone you know has been seriously injured in an auto accident, motorcycle accident, bicycle accident, or lost a loved one as a result of a wrongful death, having accurate information is crucial. Obtaining advice from an experienced personal injury attorney can be the difference in obtaining justice when resolving your claims.