Motorcycle accidents often occur when drivers in cars and trucks fail to see a bike on the road. Motorcycle riders can reclaim damages through the services of a skilled Escondido accident lawyer, but it’s important to bring as much information as you can to a consultation.
Though motorcycle accidents can be traumatic and stressful, these steps can help you receive the money you deserve if you engage the services of a lawyer.
- Seek medical attention: Make sure any injuries you sustain are tended to and documented. Documentation of wounds and pain can help you “prove” the extent of your injuries.
- Track time off work: If the injuries from your motorcycle accident keep you away from your job or otherwise impact your financial well-being, document lost wages, bills and other economic loss.
- Take photos: Pictures of damage to your motorcycle and injuries to your body are another key form of proof.
- Be careful what you sign: If you plan to engage a motorcycle accident lawyer, read any document carefully. Paperwork from insurers and other parties could ask you to sign away your rights to pursue compensation.
- Act quickly: The statute of limitations in California to file a case after a motorcycle accident is two years. In cases involving a government vehicle, the time to file is reduced to six months.
If you live in Escondido, California, or the surrounding areas and you need an experienced motorcycle accident lawyer, please contact The Rubinstein Law Group today or call (855) 365-9955 for a free consultation.