Although doctors consider concussion the most “mild” form of brain trauma, this serious injury can still lead to severe complications. If you’ve sustained a head injury, the Escondido accident lawyers at The Rubinstein Law Group can help you build a case against the responsible party.
A concussion is a violent jolt to the brain caused by external force. If you’ve received a blow to the head, some symptoms to watch out for include:
- Blurry vision
- Dizziness or loss of equilibrium
- Sensitivity to light and/or sound
- Cognitive issues, such as trouble thinking, reading, talking or concentrating
- Memory loss
- Loss of consciousness
It’s important to seek medical care as soon as possible after any accident involving the head to rule out more severe forms of brain injury. The onset of concussion symptoms can often be delayed after an accident, making it imperative to undergo a full exam sooner than later.
Your doctor might examine you for concussion with tests like:
- Verbal: Simple questions like “What is your name?” and “Where do you live?” can help the doctor assess any difficulty with concentration or memory
- Neurological: Impaired reflexes, coordination or balance could indicate disruption to the nervous system
- Imaging: CT and MRI scans give doctors an inside view of the brain, allowing them to check for signs of bleeding or bruising (which could indicate a more severe brain injury than concussion)
If you or a loved one has suffered a brain injury in an accident, please contact The Rubinstein Law Group or call 855-365-9955 today to schedule your free consultation. Our accident lawyers are pleased to serve clients in or around Escondido, California.