Nearly 10% of the fatal car crashes in the United States happen in California. In fact, according to the latest data from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, our state saw an increase in both the total number of deadly car accidents and drunk driving collisions ending in death.
This is certainly sad news. The human cost of a car accident is often overwhelming, and crashes ending in one or more deaths are downright devastating.
If someone you love tragically died in an auto accident, you and your family might be entitled to compensation. However, it’s important to take steps to protect your rights. These steps include:
- Know the statute of limitations – California law requires that claims be filed within two years of the decedent’s death
- Secure all relevant evidence and records, including police reports, medical records, etc.
- Interview witnesses who were present at the scene
- Speak to an experienced attorney who can build a wrongful death case on your behalf
- Determine who will speak for the family in interactions with the attorney
The grief and stress of losing a loved can be all-consuming, which is why it’s critical to speak to an attorney sooner than later. Carlsbad car accident attorney Zev Rubinstein will evaluate your claim during a free consultation and provide you with knowledgeable, compassionate support through every step of your case.
Since starting his personal injury practice in 1988, Mr. Rubinstein has distinguished himself as a dedicated advocate for injury victims and the family members of people killed by the carelessness of others. Please contact The Rubinstein Law Group or call (855) 365-9955 today for a free consultation to discuss your car accident claim.