With our dependency on cars for everyday use, accidents are inevitable. Many of us have witnessed the aftermath of car accidents while having to merge into a single lane to drive slowly past the wreckage. Seeing the overturned or damaged vehicles, you hope no one was hurt and can’t help but wonder what it was that might have caused the accident. Could it have been prevented?
While not all car accidents can be prevented, sometimes just being aware of common causes can help you drive more cautiously to avoid creating a dangerous situation.
Some of the most common car accident causes include:
- Distracted driving, especially talking on cell phones, texting or eating food
- Speeding, often because faster driving results in slower reaction time
- Drunk driving or driving while impaired
- Reckless driving in the form of speeding, tailgating, road rage, or changing lanes quickly
- Inclement weather conditions, such as rain, snow and ice
- Disobeying traffic laws, such as running red lights or stop signs
Unfortunately, no matter how seemingly minor the cause of an accident may be, the consequences can be devastating. Whether another car simply rolls a little too far past a stop sign or you are struck by a drunk driver, the resulting injuries can take any form, from scratches and bruises to life long disabilities.
If you or someone you love has been hurt in an accident and you need an experienced car accident lawyer in Carlsbad to defend your rights and seek the compensation you deserve, contact the Rubinstein Law Office at (855) 365-9955 to schedule your free consultation.